Here are 10 great ways to take care of your mental health. Like physical health, mental health needs care and attention. Small changes every day can make a big difference.
- Treat yourself with kindness and respect. Feeling good about yourself can give you the confidence to learn new skills, visit new places and meet new people. It also helps when life takes difficult turns.
- Stay connected with family and friends who add joy to your life. Evaluate unhealthy relationships.
- Take time for activities that give you pleasure and renew your energy.
- Learn to recognize and manage stress. Stress is a normal part of life, but when it gets out of control or lasts too long it can lead to mental health problems.
- Take care of your physical health by being physically active, eating well and getting enough sleep.
- Learn to relax. Plan down time each day and practice relaxation techniques such as prayer, laughter, deep breathing, muscle relaxation stretches, and playing, especially with children or animals.
- Learn time management techniques and say “no” to new commitments when you are feeling overwhelmed, if possible.
- Spend time in nature - The key to unlocking the power of nature lies is in the five senses. Slow down and mindfully take in the beauty of Prince Edward Island that surrounds you with your ears, eyes, nose, mouth, hands and feet.
- Continue learning – take the time and opportunity to learn from those around you and from other farmers.
- Get help when you need it. Seeking help is a sign of strength and it is important to remember that treatment is effective. People who receive appropriate care can recover from mental illness and lead full, rewarding lives.
With references from www.domore.ag